lunes, marzo 10, 2008

Cakes for Ukko!

Unexpectedly we had a day off today. Maybe daddy had planned it that way when he set up the schedule of this tour? It was Ukko's 5th birthday.

I had a great idea: seek some hotel (aparthotel?) where we could use the kitchen. I went with the kids down to the store and bought everything necessary to bake a cake for Ukko, and also some cookies and muffins for Halloween (tomorrow).

I really had a hard time trying to remember those recipes of my mom, but I managed to somehow come up with something... Managed to not look like an irresponsible and boring mom! Yay!

So, obviously we baked a lemon cake. Siro, Melinda (on the pic) and me were in the kitchen, meanwhile daddy played somewhere around with Ukko, amusing him and trying to keep him away from the kitchen. Quite hard task, since the delicious smell filled the room, beyond the kitchen doors.

After a few hours (baking time included) we lighted 5 yellow candles on the cake and went out of the kitchen, finally! I think Ukko was very very happy, he didn't expect that. Or maybe yes? You never know when he's just fooling you. He's getting older, after all, he's not a baby anymore.

Anyway, it was a great day! Almost as fun and close as a family :)

No hay comentarios: