jueves, marzo 13, 2008

Death or Glory?

The Montreal show was Death finally, not Glory.

This post is for Keimo, Matti and Val, to explain what happened 5 minutes before the show and during the first part of it.

Everything ready to go on stage. Suddenly I notice that 2 songs are not properly jammed. They have just dropped, 2h after the jam session. One of them is "The GSG couple", which is an encore.

I decided to remove that song from enores and add the boost. The competition in Montreal is a World Championship, it's worth winning it. Put GSG among the regular songs and also that "yelling message", somewhere.

I wait for Last dance with D. to see what's the effect of a song not being 100% jammed. Shit, the song gets 3*. I was still considering to put GSG back as an encore, then saw that. Didn't look to wise to me.

Also, important: popularity of the songs. The gap between GSG and Instruction is too small, people would have been expecting for more after the first encore, we know that. I check other songs' popularity. All too low, imo.

Then the worst part, even though I am happy I noticed it. Next show is the Gay Pride Festival in NY!!! We need the boost there! At least 4 bands which will be hard to beat. Shit!

So the situation is pretty fucked up. No popular enough song to play as 1st encore, no boost available. Other green song has given 3*. Too similar popularity. How on earth shall I try to play those 2 songs as encores?

Sorry guys, I failed. You might have done something completely different with that setlist. I am a poor co-leader, I wasn't sure what else I could do. Luckily I saved the boost.

And we are #6 again...


P.S. Just checked again. There is only one band in that competition which is currently playing great shows. Maybe that desperate strategy of mine was not that bad after all if we at least managed to play a wonderful show... we can still win.


---

No hay comentarios: